Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Final Book Design

After a gruelling weekend of work we presented out books today. The work that went into the book became very tedious and almost overwhelming. Every thing needed to fit perfect and open and close effortlessly. Needless to say the nice fit and smooth closing were almost impossible. However the book did work and for the most part opened and closed. Some criticisms we based on the lack of rigid literal portrayal of the poem. The basic shape and dimensions were not represented as in the poem however I think the use of realistic images and deep rich colors within them resolved the poem physically. The use of light and reflection of the light off the images i think help strengthen the project intentionally. Overall the project especially the process helped me understand that nowhere in our natural world are there pure colors everything is blended, illuminated, complimented, blurred etc etc etc and that adds to the richness of colors. I wish I had months to work on the project so I could expand the book to depicted every color in nature. I am considering take a camera with me and taking a picture everyday for a year then do the book with 300 pages like the poem depicts. I would like to cover every part of the color wheel. Also to spend more time on the craft and planning the exact placement of every vertical plane. I think that this project leaves a lot of room for exploration and improvement, both which I would like to attempt.

Images from design, process production, and final to follow. (once i figure out how to upload from my camera on my iPhone...any tips?)

1 comment:

  1. post the photos...! (itunes, download, etc. etc.... or do it on the mac lab)

    ReplyDelete